Tweaktown released an indept review regarding the Asrock X370 Pro 4 motherboard. The Asrock X370 Pro 4 is specifically designed for AMD’s Raven Ridge APU’s, including the Ryzen 5 2400G and Ryzen 3 2200G. Both cpu’s feature integrated GPU’s in the form of Vega 8 and Vega 11. Turning the motherboard on its side reveals the i/o panel giving you three display outputs, DVI, VGA and HDMI but no displayport.
We learned that Raven Ridge cpu’s only support up to 8x PCI-E, so why on earth has Asrock decided to develop a luxury X370 motherboard, crippled by the cpu in the first place?
First, the Asrock X370 Pro 4 also provides support for Ryzen 3, 5 and Ryzen 7 cpu’s. Secondly, the VRM of this specific board is relatively robust compared to other lower end B350 AM4 motherboards, offering a 6+3 phase power delivery. Furthermore, we find two M.2. slots (one only SATA-600) and two RGB fan headers. In the audio department we find an ALC892 chip which is okay, but not more than that.
For only € 105,00 you will get your hands on a motherboard that accepts every Am4 cpu on the market today. Blessed with a good VRM and all the basic features you need, except for USB 3.1 gen 2. and onboard RGB. Combining the Asrock X370 Pro 4 with for example a Ryzen 5 2400G, provides an exceptionally long upgrade path. In the end you could be rocking a Ryzen 7 2700X with Crossfire Vega 64’s without ever having to change the motherboard. Just think about that 🙂
Unique FeatureASRock Super Alloy
– Premium Power Choke
– Sapphire Black PCB
– High Density Glass Fabric PCB
– 2oz Copper PCB
ASRock Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4)
ASRock Full Spike Protection (for all USB, Audio, LAN Ports)
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop
CPU– Supports AMD Socket AM4 A-Series APUs (Bristol Ridge) and Ryzen Series CPUs (Summit Ridge and Raven Ridge)
– Digi Power design
– 9 Power Phase design
– Supports 95W Air Cooling
Chipset– AMD Promontory X370
Memory– Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology
– 4 x DDR4 DIMM Slots
– AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Summit Ridge) support DDR4 3200+(OC) / 2933(OC) / 2667/2400/2133 ECC & non-ECC, un-buffered memory*
– AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Raven Ridge) support DDR4 3200+(OC)/2933(OC)/2667/2400/2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory*
– AMD 7th Gen A-Series APUs support DDR4 2400/2133 ECC & non-ECC, un-buffered memory*
– Max. capacity of system memory: 64GB**
– 15μ Gold Contact in DIMM Slots*Please refer to Memory Support List on ASRock’s website for more information.
Please refer to below table for DDR4 UDIMM maximum frequency support.
UDIMM Memory Slot Frequency(MHZ) A1 A2 B1 B2 – SR – – 2400 – DR – – 2400 – SR – SR 2400 – DR – DR 2133 SR SR SR SR 1866 SR/DR DR SR/DR DR 1866
Ryzen Series CPUs:
UDIMM Memory Slot Frequency(MHZ) A1 A2 B1 B2 – SR – – 2667 – DR – – 2667 – SR – SR 2667 – DR – DR 2400-2667 SR SR SR SR 2133-2400 SR/DR DR SR/DR DR 1866-2133
SR: Single rank DIMM, 1Rx4 or 1Rx8 on DIMM module label
DR: Dual rank DIMM, 2Rx4 or 2Rx8 on DIMM module label
**Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
BIOS– 128Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with multilingual GUI support
– Supports “Plug and Play”
– ACPI 5.1 compliance wake up events
– Supports jumperfree
– SMBIOS 2.3 support
– DRAM Voltage multi-adjustment
Graphics– Integrated AMD Radeon™ Vega Series Graphics in Ryzen Series APU*
– Integrated AMD Radeon™ R-Series Graphics in A-series APU*
– DirectX 12, Pixel Shader 5.0
– Max. shared memory 2GB
– Three graphics output options: D-Sub, DVI-D and HDMI
– Supports Triple Monitor
– Supports HDMI with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096×2160) @ 24Hz / (3840×2160) @ 30Hz
– Supports DVI-D with max. resolution up to 1920×1200 @ 60Hz
– Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 1920×1200 @ 60Hz
– Supports Auto Lip Sync, Deep Color (12bpc), xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI Port (Compliant HDMI monitor is required)
– Supports HDCP with DVI-D and HDMI Ports
– Supports Full HD 1080p Blu-ray (BD) playback with DVI-D and HDMI Ports*Actual support may vary by CPU
Audio– 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec)*
– Premium Blu-ray Audio support
– Supports Surge Protection
– ELNA Audio Caps*To configure 7.1 CH HD Audio, it is required to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
LAN– PCIE x1 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s
– Realtek RTL8111GR
– Supports Wake-On-LAN
– Supports Lightning/ESD Protection
– Supports LAN Cable Detection
– Supports Energy Efficient Ethernet 802.3az
– Supports PXE
SlotsAMD Ryzen series CPUs
– 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots (single at x16 (PCIE2); dual at x16 (PCIE2) / x4 (PCIE4))*
AMD 7th A-Series APUs/ Raven Ridge CPUs
– 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots (single at x8 (PCIE2); dual at x8 (PCIE2) / x2 (PCIE4))*
– 4 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slots
– Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™***Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
If M2_1 is occupied, PCIE4 will be disabled.
**This feature is only supported with Ryzen Series CPUs (Summit Ridge and Raven Ridge).
Storage– 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 10), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug*
– 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors by ASMedia ASM1061, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug
– 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_1), supports M Key type 2242/2260/2280 M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s) (with Ryzen Series CPU) or Gen3 x2 (16 Gb/s) (with A-Series APU)**
– 1 x M.2 Socket (M2_2), supports M Key type 2230/2242/2260/2280/22110 M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module*M2_2 and SATA3_3 share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the other one will be disabled.
**If M2_1 is occupied, PCIE4 will be disabled.
Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
Supports ASRock U.2 Kit
Connector– 1 x COM Port Header
– 1 x TPM Header
– 1 x Power LED and Speaker Header
– 1 x RGB LED Header*
– 1 x AMD Fan LED Header**
– 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)***
– 3 x Chassis Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)****
– 1 x 24 pin ATX Power Connector
– 1 x 8 pin 12V Power Connector
– 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector
– 2 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 4 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
– 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)*Supports in total up to 12V/3A, 36W LED Strip
**The AMD Fan LED Header supports LED strips of maximum load of 3A (36W) and length up to 2.5M.
***The CPU Fan Connector supports the CPU fan of maximum 1A (12W) fan power.
****CHA_FAN2 and CHA_FAN3 can auto detect if 3-pin or 4-pin fan is in use.
Rear Panel I/O– 1 x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port
– 1 x D-Sub Port
– 1 x DVI-D Port
– 1 x HDMI Port
– 2 x USB 2.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)
– 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-C Port (Supports ESD Protection)
– 5 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)
– 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
– HD Audio Jacks: Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
Software and UEFISoftware
– ASRock A-Tuning
– ASRock RGB LED
– ASRock XFast LAN
– ASRock Full HD UEFI
– ASRock Instant Flash
– ASRock Internet Flash
– ASRock Easy RAID Installer*These utilities can be downloaded from ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
Support CD– Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version), Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar
Accessories– Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield
– 2 x SATA Data Cables
– 2 x Screws for M.2 Sockets
Hardware Monitor– CPU/Chassis temperature sensing
– CPU/Chassis Fan Tachometer
– CPU/Chassis Quiet Fan
– CPU/Chassis Fan multi-speed control
– Voltage monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, Vcore
Form Factor– ATX Form Factor: 12.0-in x 8.8-in, 30.5 cm x 22.4 cm
– Solid Capacitor design
OS– Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit
Certifications– FCC, CE
– ErP/EuP ready (ErP/EuP ready power supply is required)